Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3 - Episode 9 Review (Life, Liberty & The Pursuit of Style)

If you haven't seen the episode, here's the link:
http://www.logotv.com/video/episode-9-season-3-life-liberty-the-pursuit-of-style/1658505/playlist.jhtml



Coming from an amazing episode last week (not because Delta was eliminated ;) ), I was expecting the episodes to keep getting better. However, this week's episode was a let-down.

First off, let me get this off of my mind right now. They need to eliminated this "Heathers" bullshit. Haven't they seen the movie? I guess they just killed off Heather Chandler last week :). That's why I cherish Season 1 and some of Season 2 because there wasn't that much of a divide. I was hoping since Delta was gone, this movement was going to end but it hasn't and now it's really dividing these queens.

Now, back to the show. Ru told the girls this week they were focusing on T & A. The T, well we know what that means. For the mini-challenge, the queens had to transform plain black bras into bejazzeled bustiers. Shangela wanted to make a replica of Ru's face on her bra. EPIC FAIL. The standouts this mini-challenge were Yara and Manila.(who made her bra into torpedos lol). It was clear that Manila won the challenge.

Well, we knew what the T was, and now the real challenge was about the big A (and it's not my big A ;) ). It's AMERICA. The girls has to create a PSA on how the queens love America. These PSAs will be sent to the troops as well. Now, even before the challenge, I thought it was a contradiction to have the queens do something patriotic when America can't legalize same-sex marriage. That's all I have to say and I'll leave that for another blog. During the brainstorming session, it seems that Shangela didn't help Yara (even though Yara helped Shangela with her make-up). I actually agree with Shangela on this one. It's a COMPETITION. If I was in a competition, you better believe I'm not helping anyone. On to a softer segment, Alexis revealed to Ru that she has a "love" that's in service and she hasn't seen him for almost 2 years. Will she contain her composure......

Let me clock each girl

Alexis Mateo: BAM!!! that might be the new replacement catchphrase of Halleloo. She was definitely the best of night and I loved her outfit tonight. BAM!!

Yara Sofia: I didn't like it at all. She copied Ru's line of "loving someone else" and she basically looked like an energizer Charo. Her outfit on the runway was ok.

Manila Luzon: I thought her PSA was runner-up for being the best and I really liked her flapper outfit. I really liked it because she thought out of the box and basically not wear the usual red, white and blue. But she needs to burn that blonde wig and never wear that again

Raja: Big disapppointment. Her runway outfit was good but the PSA was bad. It's obvious Santino loves Raja but be fair. It wasn't good at all

Shangela: It was good but my god she needs to go home. Her outfit?? Look, I understand Shangela has a great personality and she's funny, but she has not had one outfit this season where I was like "she's amazing" (The space outfit was ok).

Carmen Carrera: After last week, I gained some hope for her. But, it all vanished after I saw the PSA. However, I loved her hair tonight.

Alexis Mateo won the challenge and the bottom 3 were Yara, Raja and Carmen. I was thinking, I really want to see Raja in the bottom. Not because I don't like her, but I just want to see her lipsync (if you haven't seen her lipsync, again look up Raja's Through The Fire). However, she's saved and Yara & Carmen must lip-sync for their life to.....MICKEY by Toni Basil....but wait....they have to lip-sync to the Spanish version. Now, when I heard this, I was thinking 3 things.

1) This had to be a set-up to have two latinas lip-syncing in Spanish
2) I wish Shangela and Raja was in the bottom 2 doing this. Imagine that mess???

Well, during the episode...Carmen was questioned about her Hispanic heritage because Alexis and Yara believed that she doesn't embrace it. Well it looks like she embraced it during the lip-sync. Kissing Johnny Weir (Carmen's married BTW) was like the kiss of death for Yara and I was thinking she would be sashaying away. Carmen was saved over Yara.....BUT....for the 1st time ever, she didn't eliminated a contestant. Yara's still in the competition. I disagree. I love Yara but I would hate to be Carmen and not eliminate someone.

Another thing about the judges. I love Michelle Visage....but I do not like Santino at all. I feel like he's way too bias and he's more into fashion than overall appeal. Johnny was a great judge and Ru, if I was you, Drag Race Season 4, replace Santino with Johnny.

Now, next week the girls have to record a single and perform it in front of a live audience. Who do I think will go home.....I think they saved Yara for a reason so I feel like she won't go home. If I can predict the show right now, here's what I think will happen.

6th Place = Carmen will probably go home next week. Not to sound racist but 6th place belongs to a latina (Jade season 1, Jessica Wild season 2). Also, I think she's the most boring out of the 3 latinas left and Ru won't send Alexis home (she's won 3 challenges) and I think she wants to keep Yara.

5th Place = Shangela
The funny lady gets 5th place (Ongina Season 1, Pandora Boxx Season 2). Also, the challenges at the end mostly has emphasis on sewing and she cannot sew at all. But I really want to see Shangela lip-sync against Raja

4th Place = Yara Sofia
Yara reminds me of Shannel with the eyes and because she really hasn't won a challenge yet (maybe she'll win one soon). If she doesn't, then she's gonna go home.

Which leaves us with Alexis, Manila and Raja
I think it's going to be Alexis and Raja at the end. Alexis won 3 challenges (Tyra won 3) and everyone loves Raja. I think Raja will win because she is very marketable and has more of a character than Alexis.

No comments:

Post a Comment